Monday, April 4, 2011

Our Little Artist

Oh Ava......I put Ava down for her nap today, just like every other day. Today, however, she was surprisingly quiet right away. That should've triggered my attention immediately, but I have a cold and wasn't feeling well so I had laid down on the couch. When she got done "napping" she came out of her room all sorts of happy and excited to be done with her "nap". A few minutes later I went to her room to get something and this is what I saw.....

yeah...that'd be play lipstick (thanks Aunt Corinne) all over her walls and bed. I must say, she is a smart one....she was very stealth-like while drawig her masterpiece and when lectured on how we don't draw on the walls or our bed she says....."I'm sorry Mommy, I'm a big girl. I won't do it again". How can one get mad at that? We made her clean it up (luckily it came off with a wet washcloth) and told her if she EVER did it again, I would throw away ALL her pretties. This made her basically have a complete meltdown. Perhaps it will leave an impression and she won't do it again. We'll see.

This would be my 3 year-old who insisted in riding in the infant seat on the shopping cart. Go figure.




No comments: